International Women’s Day is held on March 8th every year. It’s a day when we celebrate the amazing social, cultural, economic and political achievements of women – while also campaigning for greater progress towards gender equality.
Here are some ideas on how to celebrate as an individual or as a business.
- Buy and read a compelling book by women.
- Attend a women’s networking event
- Donate to a women’s charity
- Watch and post an empowering TED talk
- Buy CULTIVE’s International Women’s Day Charity T-shirt – all profits will go to the charity Code To Inspire
- Post on social media use the #HASHTAG #InternternationalWomensDay if you want to repost something
- Businesses should focus on the theme is this year International Women’s Day of creating balance in the workplace. If you’re your company is not balanced, a long term strategy should be created in order for this to be fixed. Often even in female-dominated companies the higher the positions the fewer the women. Companies need to be held responsible for this.
- International Women’s Day is a day of awareness and celebration. Here are some ideas on what can be done on the day:
- Host an IWD themed event
- Profile some of your organisation’s amazing women
- Send an email to staff to raise awareness of the day
- Create a women’s mentorship program
- Host a women’s networking event
- Hold a series of female keynote speakers
- Share your business current statistics on gender diversity.